Thursday, October 4, 2012

The "C" Word

I do my best to keep the things I write about here light, informative and fun.

No one really wants to read to the musings of a Debbie Downer, nor do I like to dwell on unpleasant things. Life is fleeting and I do my best to enjoy every second of it.

Unfortunately, life is full of unpleasantness. Natural disasters, wars and illness are all around us. Cancer is all around us.

I think it takes a very VERY brave person to share their struggles with others. It takes great courage to speak about your personal or family struggles in a public forum in hopes of helping just ONE other person.

In the last couple of years my family and our extended family have been tortured by different kinds of cancers, but I haven’t had the courage myself to speak out about our struggles.

But, my good friend Jeanelle is different. 


She posses a strength that I can’t even imagine. Not only is she telling her family’s story in a beautiful and hopefully helpful way, but she is literally running for the cause.

Please take a second to read her story and donate to her and her man Steven’s run for the cure.  

I know that we have all been touched by cancer in one way or another. If we all give a little, maybe we can help make this world a little better and a little brighter.

Love
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment