Thursday, October 20, 2011

Roasted Cauliflower with Red Peppers and Leeks


I don’t know about you, but I feel like cauliflower has gotten an unfairly bad rap.

It probably has something to do with the fact that as children, when we had to replicate the human brain, we used this healthy veggie.


Or perhaps the fact that it is used to describe a really gross deformation of cartilage that wresters and boxers get.

I’d show you an image but this is a food blog people. It’s supposed to be appetizing.

Google at your own risk.

Well, I’m here to tell you that you need to set all of your qualms about cauliflower aside, because this bad boy is delicious and nutritious!

I was a little scared to make it for dinner the other night because my I had not yet run the idea of the vegetable past my mother and father. Who, if you haven’t noticed, are sometimes a little picky.

But when I got home with my big beautiful head of brain like goodness, my mom told me she likes it even better than broccoli.

And mother knows best.

You will need…

1 heads cauliflower, cut into florets


2 leeks, thinly sliced, white and pale green parts only


2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced


1/4 cup olive oil


2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme


1/2 teaspoon salt

Start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees F and then line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil (easy clean up).

Place the cauliflower, leeks, and red pepper on the prepared baking sheet.

In a small bowl or food processor, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, thyme and salt.


Pour the mixture over the produce and toss it gently to coat.


Bake the mix until the cauliflower is tender, 35 to 40 minutes.


When the cauliflower is done to your liking, place the mix in a large bowl and serve.


Did you hear that mom? You know best.

Love and beer Floats,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment