Thursday, July 14, 2011

Orzo with Parsley and Tomato

It is possible, that maybe, sometimes, everyone once in a while, I can be a little redundant.

Just maybe.

Like, perhaps I have mentioned my love and desire for a long and hot summer on a fairly regular basis.

Possibly.

Okay, definitely.

Well, summer is here and hot and I love it. With one exception.

The bugs.

Don’t get me wrong, I love little creatures. People are always squishing bugs, but I refuse. It is not my job to decide what lives and dies. The only problem is that they love me.

Namely, my smell.

I don’t know what it is about my personal musk that draws the bugs to me, but they freaking love me.

It’s great to be loved, but not when that love includes lots of swollen welts from “love bites.”

Not sure where I went that did me in, but I currently have seven bug bites that are making me miserable.

The only thing getting me through the itch attacks is knowing that I have these leftovers at home.

This dish is smooth, light and soothing. Kind of the like the lotion I’m going to use when I get home.

You will need…

1 cup orzo


2 plum tomatoes, cored and chopped


1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley


1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 bouillon cube


1 tablespoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper for taste

Start by bringing a pot of water to a boil.


When the water begins to boil, add the orzo and the bouillon cube.

A bouillon cube is basically a concentrated cube of chicken broth flavor. If you do not have a bouillon cube, you could always cook your pasta in chicken broth.

When you have cooked the orzo pasta to the cooking instructions, strain the pasta and add it back to the pot.


Combine the pasta with the garlic powder, tomato, parsley, lemon juice and butter.


Mix well and serve hot or cold.


Must. Get. Calamine.

Love and Beer Floats
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment