Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Arugula and Brie Stuffed Chicken

She might have gone to prison for insider trading, but no matter what she did, I think Martha Stewart is awesome. In all reality, my main goal in life is to be the modern day Martha. Without the whole jail time thing.

It’s no coincidence that the woman is a household name. No mater how dated she might seam, she has an elevated taste level that comes through in everything that she does. And the woman does everything.

Her Great Food Fast cookbook happens to be the book I use the most often, and recently discovered the gold mine that is her website.

So far, I’ve spent at least a solid weeks worth of time surfing her recipes. Half because there are so many and half because my computer is as slow as molasses Food pun intended.

I have stumbled upon many recipe gems in my journey through her website an I feel like I’ve barely scratched the surface. And even though I’m barely breaking the seal, I found this recipe that is hands down one of the best things I’ve made in a long time. It is literally a flavor explosion.

And according to my mother who seems to have become a food critic, “It has a lot of different bold flavors, but they stand up well to each other.”

Seriously mom? Watch Food Network much?

Oh yeah, and this was stupid easy.

You will need…

Coarse salt and ground pepper
8 thin chicken cutlets (1 1/2 pounds total)
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
4 ounces arugula
4 ounces Brie cheese, cut into 8 slices

I started with 4 large chicken breasts and pounded them each until they were about ¼ inch thick.


I think cut each breast in half to create two long, thin pieces of chicken breast, perfect for rolling.

Set your oven to broil.


Place chicken on a large rimmed baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.

Dividing evenly, spread one side of each cutlet with mustard.


Then, add ½ ounce of arugula to the end of each cutlet.


Add ½ ounce of brie on top of the arugula.


Starting at short end, roll the chicken up tightly, and arrange, seam side down, on the sheet.


Season the top of the rolls with salt and pepper.

Broil the chicken for 10-15 minutes or until they are lightly golden on top and cooked through.


Remove from the oven and serve hot while the cheese is still nice and melty.


In my world, melty is a word.

And my world is a very tasty place.

Love and Beer Floats
Angela

1 comment:

  1. Hello lover,

    This looks divine and I'm making this for dinner tonight. I hope I can do it! Stay tuned.

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete