Friday, July 15, 2011

Asparagus with a Dijon Vinaigrette


It is the night before the Munch-A-Thon ya’ll. I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve.


Tonight, I am going to relax, get a good night sleep and starve myself in anticipation for tomorrow’s gorge fest.

Okay, I’m not really capable of starving myself, but I will have something light and healthy in preparation.

As if the food themed obstacles and food pit stops along the away wasn’t enough, the best of the best in food trucks will be at a festival immediately following the “run.”

Pants with a stretch waist band are a must.

To be honest, I’m not really sure what to expect from this food themed 5K. But you better believe I’m bringing the camera to capture every delicious and hilarious moment of it.

In the mean time, I’ll leave you with this tasty side dish that I will probably be munching tonight instead of starving myself.

You will need…

2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons sherry or red-wine vinegar
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
1 pound thin asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2 1/2-inch lengths


Start by whisk together the mustard, vinegar, and 1 tablespoon of oil in a medium bowl.


Then season it with salt and pepper.


Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat.


Add the asparagus, and season with salt and pepper.


Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook the asparagus, stirring frequently, until are just tender, 10 to 12 minutes. If the spears begin to brown, reduce heat to low.

Transfer the asparagus to a serving dish and drizzle with the vinaigrette.


Toss, and serve immediately.

I know you are on pins and needles to hear how this goes, but try to contain yourself.

Love and Beer Floats
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment