Monday, July 11, 2011

Cucumber and Sweet Onion Salad


I have been begging, on my knees, for a long time for summer to finally arrive. And, it might only last a couple days, but it is freaking here in full force. In Southern California that is. I can’t really speak for the rest of you.

And when I think of hot summer days, I think of light, and flavorful and juicy. I think of a big juicy burger, vibrant and flavorful fruit and cool watermelons and cucumbers.

And rainbows and daisies and unicorns.

But only after some great summer brownies.
This dish is the perfect summer side dish. It’s light, but packs a great flavor and is a great alternative to a summer potato salad.

Oh yeah, and it takes about 10 minutes total to make.

You will need…

3 English cucumbers, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced on the diagonal


1 medium sweet onion, such as Vidalia, halved and thinly sliced


¼ cup dried dill
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
Coarse salt and ground pepper

In a bowl, add the cucumber and onion together.

Here comes the hard part guys.

Whisk together the dill, olive oil, lemon juice, white-wine vinegar and salt and pepper.


Pour the dressing over the cucumber and onion mixture. Toss and serve.
Now bring me a brownie.

Love and Beer Floats
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment