Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sesame Noodles


When I tell people that I write a food blog they usually respond with a reaction I’ve come to expect.

First, they look at me like some slightly crazed, food loving, attention whore.

Then, they ask me how often I post things.

After I tell them that I usually post five days a week, they take a slow step back and the look on their face turns to the look you would give someone if they just told you they like the smell of body odor.

WEIRDO.

Finally, if they are still talking to me, they start asking me where I get my recipes.

If they haven’t run away from me yet, I tell them that it is a combination of cook books, the internet, other food blogs and things I throw together.

The truth is, recipes are great and all, but the bottom line is that they are far from perfect. Just because someone took the time to write down the ingredients, measurements and directions, does NOT mean it’s going to taste good.

My recipes included.

These noodles I made last night were the perfect example. The idea behind them was great. They were easy to execute and didn’t require anything too fancy. But, when I put together the ingredients on the recipe, it just didn’t taste great. I needed a few extra ingredients to make this dish a winner. Don’t worry; I added those special add on ingredients to the recipe for you.


Who knows, you might need to add your own ingredients to make this to your liking.

You will need…

2 tablespoon peanut butter
4 tablespoons soy sauce
1teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/3 pound thin spaghetti
¼ cup tablespoon sesame seeds
3 green onions, chopped
2 cups coleslaw mix
2 tablespoons salt

Start by bringing a large pot of water to a boil. Add in the uncooked pasta and 2 tablespoons of salt to the water. Cook the pasta till it is al dente (just cooked and not mushy).


While the pasta is cooking, whisk together the peanut butter, the soy sauce, the oils, the sugar, the vinegar and cayenne pepper together in a small bowl.


Add in the green onions.


Drain the water and add the pasta back into the pot.


Into the pot with the pasta, add the coleslaw mix, the sesame seeds and the sauce.


Toss well and serve.


And don’t invite your brother over because he will eat so much that you don’t have leftovers.


Love and Beer Floats
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment