Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Heirloom Tomato and Goat Cheese Tart


So far, I discovered only two downsides to NFT’z.

1. Too many dishes and not a big enough dishwasher.

2. We don’t eat till 8:30-9:30 depending on how much I decide to take on.

The first is pretty much unavoidable, but the later I am definitely getting better at. My new goal is to make some sort of appetizer when I have anyone but Lish over for dinner.

I really couldn’t care less when it’s just Lish since she has our entire pantry at her disposal for snacking.

With Lish’s fiancée Josh and my friends Tanya and Ben over last night, I had to have something quick and easy to make and serve while they watched me scramble around the one butt kitchen.

And since I am OBSESSED with heirloom tomatoes, this heirloom tomato tart with pesto and goat cheese was a no brainer.


Side note. My mother says I overuse and miss use the word obsessed. I say suck it.

You will need…

1 frozen piecrust or frozen puff pastry sheet (I used the pie crust but wish I had used the puff pastry)
½ cup fresh or store bought pesto

2 thinly sliced heirloom tomatoes
5 basil leaves chopped
1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
Fresh ground pepper

Start by preheating the oven per the instructions on your frozen crust or puff pasty.

If you are making fresh pesto, start by prepping your pesto and putting it aside.

Whatever you do, do not put plastic spoons in the blender.

Cook the base for your tart per the instructions but take it out two minutes before it should be done.


When you pull it out, spread the pesto in a thin layer to cover the base.


Add a layer of tomato, followed by the goat cheese and finally the basil.


Pop the tart back in for 2 minutes till everything is nice and toasty.


After 2 minutes, remove from the oven, sprinkle with fresh ground pepper, slice and serve.


So, if you were scared of coming to dinner at my house for fear of starving to death before dinner was served, fear no more.

Delicious tarts await you.

Love and Beer Floats
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment