Friday, October 1, 2010

Star of the Month and Broccoli Cheese Soup

Who has two thumbs and is Customer Service Star of the month? This girl! This, my friends is one the reasons I just can’t leave my day job. It’s easy to love my job when I work for an amazing company, with amazing people and get to do things like this at work…


Here is a little ode to me that was sent out at work by my boss and fellow Angela. I’m a horn tooter. Sue me. Toot! Toot!

She’s a self proclaimed online shop-a-holic
She’s a professional amateur cook
She’s a part time CSR
She’s a full time blogger (click the ads!)

I’ve never seen her wear the same outfit twice
And I have dibs on her rings and brown boots with the bows….

She’s our NEWEST and BEST DRESSED Roxy CSR and now, in these trying times, she has her own parking spot! FOR A WHOLE MONTH!
Angela~ feel free to come in at 10am or take a late lunch and not waste 20 minutes looking for a place to park!

She works hard, she’s currently working 2 CSR jobs from the same cubicle, and she’ll tell you when you’re “just making it worse” with a smile.

THANK YOU ANGELA FOR ALL YOU DO!!! You have been an amazing asset to this department!

Ok… self indulgence over.

Now here is a little something for you. A yummy broccoli and cheese soup I threw together last night.


Can you tell who took the picture? One hint, it wasn’t Eric.

Love and Beer Floats
Angela

Broccoli and Cheese Soup

1 head of broccoli trimmed and steamed with your favorite herbs (I used celery salt, salt, pepper and a pre mixed Mediterranean fish seasoning)
2 cups chicken stalk
½ cup chopped onions
3 cloves garlic
1 cup favorite grated cheese (I used a cheddar/jack mix)
Olive oil

Steam broccoli for 10 minutes with herbs in a large pot. Heat 1 tablespoon oil and add onions till soft, about 7 minutes. Add garlic for 1 minute. Add garlic, onions and chicken broth to steamed broccoli/herb mix. Bring to a boil and then remove from heat. Add the cheese and blend with hand blender or in batches in a blender or food processor. Enjoy!

1 comment: