Wednesday, February 29, 2012

"Corner Bakery" House Salad Dressing

For five years in my late teens and early twenties I worked retail for the company that I am currently employed by.

I worked at a very high-end mall (South Coast Plaza for those who are familiar with the Costa Mesa shopper’s paradise) where the idea of a food court included the Armani CafĂ©, a Wolf Gang Puck restaurant and the highest rated restaurant in Orange County.

The only lunch break options I had if I didn’t want to spend my entire paycheck was a McDonalds, a Del Taco or my personal favorite, Corner Bakery.

Every chance I got, I was calling in my order and booking it down to the other end of the mall to pick up their chopped salad to scarf it down. All in thirty minutes of course.

Usually I would try and only eat half so I could take the rest home and have it for meal number two.

It was always served with a crusty piece of bread and it was always perfect.

Now that I don’t work within a four-minute walk of a Corner Bakery, I’ve been on a quest to find a recipe for their house dressing. Because honestly, that is what I was so addicted to.

The ingredients of the salad were awesome, but it was the dressing that kept me coming back.

So I scoured the internet. The internet that usually doesn’t let me down. That usually gives me a recipe for anything this little heart or belly desires.

But this time the internet failed me. No where could I find a proper knock off recipe for this vinaigrette.

So I decided to go it alone.

And while this recipe is definitely not a perfect match, I for sure think it is about 97.2% there.

Which in my book is pretty damn good.

You will need…

1 tablespoon honey


1/3 cup red wine vinegar


2/3 cup olive oil


1 tablespoon whole grain mustard


1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper (or more, it’s a really peppery dressing)

I highly suggest getting a good mason jar to make your dressings in.

You can add in all the ingredients, give it a good shake and served directly from that.


If you do not have a mason jar, combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk well until completely combined.


Dress your salad and serve.


Our drink it through a straw like I did.

Unless you think that’s gross. Then that totally didn’t happen.

Love and Beer Floats
Angela

"Corner Bakery" House Salad Dressing 
1 tablespoon honey
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
2/3 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper (or more, it’s a really peppery dressing)

I highly suggest getting a good mason jar to make your dressings in.
You can add in all the ingredients, give it a good shake and served directly from that.
If you do not have a mason jar, combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk well until completely combined.
Dress your salad and serve.

5 comments:

  1. I'm eating it right now... it also has red pepper flakes!!! I'm going to try your recipe... I hope it works!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had a salad today and just had to see if I could find the recipe. Thank you. I agree with Anonymous, it does have red pepper flakes. Delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will make it today and add crushed garlic. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your story about dashing to the other end of the mall!! I worked at a rib restaurant growing up, and would rob to the mall across the street to get a salad from Salad Works and buy Chick Fa La nuggets!!! Your dressing sounds amazing!!! Will try!!!

    ReplyDelete