Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Farfalle with Mushroom, Onion and Spinach

Even though I am well aware that the different pasta shapes are made from the same pasta dough, I have serious pasta preferences.

Yes, I know that taste wise they all taste the same. But just like my distaste for lasagna and yogurt, it is a textural issue for me.

I usually want nothing to do with any of the tiny, skinny noodles.

Spaghetti and angel hair are definitely out.

But penne, fettuccini and farfalle (bowtie pasta) are among my absolute favorites.

Weird. I know. Just add it to the list of reasons I’m an odd duck.

You can go ahead and include the previous sentence on that list as well.

You will need…

6 ounces dried farfalle (bowtie pasta)


1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms


3 cloves garlic, minced


4 cups spinach
1 teaspoon fresh thyme


2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese


Salt and pepper to taste

Start by cooking your pasta according to their packaging instructions.

While the water is boiling and pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.

When the oil is hot, add the mushrooms, onion and garlic and cook until the the mushrooms are nearly tender and the onions are becoming translucent. About 5 to 6 minutes.


Stir in the spinach and thyme and season the mixture with salt and pepper.



Cook until the spinach has wilted slightly.


Stir in the cooked pasta and toss gently.


Sprinkle with cheese and serve hot.

 

Love and Beer Floats
Angela

1 comment:

  1. We have such similar tastes... I HATE skinny noodles too. I always use tagliatelli or corkscrew.

    But I do love lasagna!!!

    ReplyDelete