Monday, December 19, 2011

Mexican Wedding Cookies


For some reason, I really let the Twelve Days of Treats sneak up on me this year.

Perhaps it was my first Thanksgiving, all the girls weekends or the multiple weddings, but for whatever reason it seemed to come out of no where this year.

So instead of starting my sweet treats a couple of weekends a head of time, I waited till the day before to start.

Procrastination at its finest.

But I came strong out of the gate with multiple days worth of cookies in one night.

Until I reached the macarons. The seem to have enchanted me. I love the challenge of them and I love how amazing they are when I finally get to eat them.

But after more unsuccessful batches of macarons than usable ones, I decided to throw in a no brainer.

These guys had a standard dough with an easy shape and tasted like heaven.

Maybe not macaron heaven, but something very close.

You will need…

1 cup butter (two sticks), softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar plus more for dipping at the end 
2 teaspoons vanilla extract



2 cups flour
1 cup finely chopped pecans
1/4 teaspoon salt

Start by preheating your oven to 325 degrees F.

In a large bowl, cream together the 1/2 cup powdered sugar and the butter. 







Add in the vanilla and beat till the mixture is fluffy. 



Then, add the flour and salt a little at a time. When it is all incorporated, add in the pecans and mix well. 





Using about 1 tablespoon of dough, roll out little cookie balls or crescents and place them on a cookie sheet.





Bake them for about fifteen minutes. Long enough to set, but not long enough to brown. 



Let the cookies cool, and when they are cool enough to handle sprinkle (or if you really like sugar dunk them) with/in the extra powdered sugar. 



I even drizzled them with some left over chocolate sauce. And a little extra chocolate never hurt. 



Cool, eat and smile.

Or grow a mustache. 



Love and Beer Floats
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment