Monday, November 28, 2011

Cranberry Sauce Aoli and a Thanksgiving Recap


You know, I feel like usually when I do some sort of event recap type post, it is usually because some sort of hilarity/outburst/catastrophe occurred.

How am I supposed to keep you interested if no one is throwing sculpting clay

Seriously?

I got nothing.

This Thanksgiving holiday was awesome.

It had complete potential for disaster.

I was tackling my first Thanksgiving dinner for fourteen, some of my boyfriends family was joining my family for the big feast and to top it off my youngest brother had his conference championship water polo tournament going on where any team could have taken the win.

If that kind of mix doesn’t have disaster written all over it then I don’t know what does.

But, miraculously the only major fails of the weekend were my overly creamy potatoes, a turkey cooked “upside down,” Wes’s step mom accidentally stealing my mom’s drink and Josh winning all of his game in really intense and emotionally draining overtime situations.

Success!

Now if I could just figuring out why planking is a thing.

Yes, I know this is old news, but I still don’t get it.

In other news, I of course wanted to share with you one of my holiday recipes.

Even though this was a small part of the dinner, I think it was one of my favorites. Partially because I made it up, and partially because it was an awesome addition to the sweet potato fries.

Oh, and it uses the cranberry sauce I made. The cranberry sauce so awesome that my cousin interrupted the meal to demand everyone tries the sauce whether they liked cranberry sauce or not. Because it was that good.

You will need…

2 shallots finely chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 head of garlic, roasted


1 cup mayonnaise


1/3 cup cranberry sauce


Salt and pepper

Start heating our oil in a medium pan over medium high heat.

When the oil is hot, add the shallots and cook until the shallots are slightly browned.

In a food processor, blender or in a small bowl, combine the garlic, mayonnaise, cranberry sauce and browned shallots.





Blend until everything is completely combined.


Season with salt and pepper and serve with some sweet potato fries are spread on your favorite bread with your turkey leftovers.


First Thanksgiving = Winning.



Love and Beer Floats
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment