Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Most Thankful Cranberry Sauce

I try to think of one thing every day that I am thankful for. But today I am especially thankful.

I’m thankful for my awesome family.

I’m thankful for the beautiful home that I live in rent free.

I’m thankful that I have a loving boyfriend who doesn’t mind that I make him prep things in the kitchen.

I’m thankful my beautiful friends are happy and healthy and still around after all these years.

I’m thankful Jasper is doing well in the oven.


And I’m thankful that I got to make some to make this cranberry sauce for all the wonderful family and friends this thanksgiving.

Even my cranberry sauce is extra thankful!

You will need…

1 pound fresh cranberries, washed and dried


2 cups granulated sugar

1/3 cup water
1 cinnamon stick

1/2 teaspoon ground allspice

1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1 orange, zested and juiced


 

Start by combining the cranberries, sugar and water in a medium sized pot. Stir the mixture to blend.



Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat. Reduce it to a simmer and add the cinnamon stick, allspice and nutmeg. 


Stir to blend and simmer for an additional 5 to 7 minutes.


Some of the cranberries will burst and some will remain whole.


Add the orange juice and zest, stir and allow to cool before serving.


Happy Thanksgiving friends!


Love and Beer Floats
Angela and Jasper

No comments:

Post a Comment