Thursday, November 3, 2011

Herb Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Stewed Apples


With the time change quickly approaching, and Halloween in our rear view window, autumn is in full effect.

Nights seem much MUCH longer, all I want to do is cuddle and I have officially busted out my scarf and headband collection.

With that crisp fall feeling in the air, I went on the hunt for the PERFECT autumn dinner last week for the meeting of the boyfriend and one of the brothers.

Notice that I said ONE of the brothers.

I love my brothers very much, but I wouldn’t subject Wes to meeting both of them at the same time. That would either result in them harassing me all night or making jokes about him. Neither seemed like great options.

Instead, I opted for a dinner with Albert AND his girlfriend Samm so he would be on somewhat good behavior.

The meeting went great, meaning, no one cried. And this dish went over great. So great that Albert asked me multiple times what I did to the apples to make them so good.

If there was one thing I took away from this meeting, it’s that everyone gets along when they have a mouth full of apples.

I know there was a dirty joke in there somewhere…

You will need…

2 pieces, 1 package, pork tenderloins


2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon grill seasoning


2 teaspoons lemon zest
2 tablespoons fresh chopped thyme leaves


3 tablespoons butter
5 Gala, Honey Crisp or Golden Delicious apples, quartered, cored and sliced (Honey Crisp are my absolute FAVORITES)



¼ cup dry white wine
Salt
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons sugar

Start by preheating your oven to 425 degrees F.

Combine the grill seasoning, lemon zest and thyme.


Coat the tenderloins with olive oil and rub the spice mixture into the tenderloin.


On an edged baking sheet or in a roasting pan, roast the pork for 25 minutes.

When the pork is done, remove it and cover it with aluminum foil and let it rest for 10 minutes.


Right before the pork comes out of the oven, melt the butter in skillet over medium heat and sauté the apples for 12 to 15 minutes until very tender.


Season the apples with a pinch of salt and sprinkle the flour over the skillet and toss to combine.


Squeeze the lemon juice over the skillet, add the wine and sweeten the apples with the sugar.


While the liquid cooks away, slice the pork in ¾ inch thick pieces.

Arrange the apples over the pork to serve hot


Love and Beer Floats
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment