Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Lime and Green Onion Brown Rice


There is nothing I love more than sitting down at a keyboard and putting my thoughts down or recounting a funny story.

There is nothing I hate more than when I sit down at a keyboard and I have nothing to say at all.

How can I or anyone else for that matter have nothing to say? Things are happening all around us. Every second of every day memories and life moments are being created.

Yet, sometime I sit down at the computer and literally have nothing.

Thank you writers block.

It might have to do with the fact that while this dish is tasty a great staple, it isn’t exactly inspiring.

So here is to you uninspiring rice dish. Thank you for being there not only when I have no idea what to make for dinner, but also when I have no idea what to write about.

You are the nothing better to do dish.

And I loved you.

You will need…

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/4 cups light brown rice
2 limes, zested, 1 lime, juiced
2 cups chicken stock
3 to 4 thin green onions, whites and greens, chopped

Heat the oil in sauce pot over medium to medium-high heat.

Stir in the rice and toast for 1 minute.


Add the lime zest and stock, bring to a boil.


Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 18 minutes.

Add the green onions and the juice of 1 lime.


Fluff with fork, transfer to a serving bowl and serve.


Hi my name is Angela, and today is brown rice kind of day.

Love and Beer Floats,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment