Thursday, October 6, 2011

Chicken Diane

I wrote about the steak version of this dish a couple of weeks ago. Which made me realize that I have never posted this dish before.

It is by no means a new food, but it is my absolute favorite dish. It is what I requested for my birthday dinner from birthdays nine through fifteen. The favorite dish from the time I could request birthday dishes till nine was beef stroganoff , but the noff got ousted the second that little Diane goodness hit my lips.

The first couple of times my mom made this for dinner she made it to the recipe, but after a couple of times she realized that if she didn’t double the sauce we would all have a meltdown.

Don’t worry, I went ahead and doubled the sauce for you. No meltdown necessary.

You will need…

4 chicken breasts pounded very thin


2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
6 tablespoons green onions, chopped
Juice of one lemon


4 tablespoons brandy


6 tablespoons chopped cilantro


2 tablespoons Dijon mustard


1/2 cup chicken broth
Salt and pepper to taste

Start by heating one tablespoon of oil and one of butter in a large pan over medium high heat.


Season your chicken with salt and pepper and when the butter has melted, add the chicken to the pan.


Cook the chicken until it is cooked, about four minutes a side and set it aside in a dish.


Add the remaining butter and oil to the pan and when the butter has melted, add in the onions, cilantro, lemon juice, mustard and brandy.


Using a spoon, combine the mixutre well and make sure to scrape off all the chicken browns on the bottom of the pan. These add great flavor to your sauce.

Add in the chicken broth and bring the sauce to a simmer while mixing.


Pour the sauce over your chicken and serve hot.


If I have a daughter and name her Diane, please don’t judge me.

Love and Beer Floats
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment