Monday, August 22, 2011

Summer Vegetable Stirfry


At this time on Thursday night, I will be en route with my parents for a much needed Grecian vacation.

We have been looking forward to this trip since we got back from Croatia two years ago, but the closer it gets, there more panicked I feel.

The last time I left the country I had a job with much less responsibility and a team of people to put out any work fires while I was away.

My one woman show is now freaking out about leaving my work for ten days and the idea that something horrific is going to happen that I won’t be able to fix when I return.

I’m sure everything will be absolutely fine, but I’m feeling a little tense.

The cure that I’ve come up with for my heightened heart rate is simple food.

Cooking soothes me, but the last thing I need is a dish with seventeen instructions and just as many ingredients.

So back to basics I go.

You will need…

1 ear of corn


1 yellow squash, cut in half and sliced


½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
2 cloves garlic, diced
1 tablespoon olive oil
¼ cup chopped basil
Salt and pepper to taste

Start by slicing the kernels off of the ear of corn.

In a medium pan over medium high heat, heat the oil.

When the oil is hot, add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, just until it is fragrant.


Add in the corn and cook for 1 minute.


Then add the squash and cook for 1 more minute.

Add in the tomatoes and basil and cook for an additional minute.


When everything is warmed through, season with salt and pepper and serve.


Good things come in simple packages. Now if only I could pack like I cook.

Love and Beer Floats
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment