Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Waldorf Salad

So, I don’t mean to be a whiner, but do any of you have an idea of how hard the whole “NEW” part of NFT’z is?

Nipples in Chicago in the middle of February. That. Hard.

Sure, it was a great novelty at first, but I am running out of ideas people!

Salads are soon going to be obsolete on NFT because I can’t think of anymore to make.

Especially when you’re dinner guests have so many dislikes. Now that I live with the rents, the following are off limits…

Cooked spinach.
ANY bean.
Beets.
Most Squash.
Boots on the hard wood floor.
Happy thoughts.

The boots might be unrelated and the happy thoughts untrue, but I am nothing if not colorful.

You should see my sweater today. Fuchsia, olive, light blue, dark blue, mustard, tangerine. All the colors of the rainbow.

Basically, thinking of things to make is getting harder and harder. I was shocked that I hadn’t thought to make this before. Half this salad got gobbled up before I could even get the dress on. That good. And that basic.

You will need…

1 pack of baby spring mix lettuce


3 green apples chopped small


3 stalks celery chopped


2 cups sliced red seedless grapes


1 cup chopped walnuts


¼ cup crumbled blue cheese


For the dressing…

1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon honey
Salt and Pepper to taste

Add all the salad ingredients in a large salad bowl.


To make the dressing, add together all of the ingredients in a medium sized bowl.


Whisk together.


Drizzle the dressing over the salad, toss and serve.


No, I did not get this idea from my trip to NYC. I wish I was that clever.

Love and Beer Floats
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment