Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Shrimp and Zucchini Stirfry

I play in an adult softball league on Tuesday nights with a bunch of coworkers and others in the action sport industry. And let me just tell you, I’m bad.

Being bad at things is probably my least favorite thing in the whole world. It’s right up there with spiders and unnecessary human emotions (basically anything other than joy, pride, love or amusement).

I hate being bad at things so much that I usually do my best to avoid them. I am a relatively coordinated person and I was a serious athlete for fifteen years, but for some reason softball and me just down click.

So why do I do it to myself? Why do go and make myself look silly at 8:50 on a Tuesday night?

Good GOD I wish I knew the answer. But I love it. I love going out there and laughing at myself when I drop the ball that the guy three feet from me threw. I love that our team isn’t really great so we call ourselves “Team Beautiful.” I love that we drink beers out of coffee cups and call it our cappuccino so we don’t get in trouble.

What does this have to do with this dish? Other then the fact that I made it for Mom and Dad before I left for the game last night, nothing.

You will need…

2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced (if you are like me and you love garlic, you might want 6)


12 whole jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails left on
2 whole zucchini sliced on a slight diagonal


2 ears corn, kernels sliced off


½ cups grape tomatoes, sliced in half lengthwise


Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
½ cup cilantro leaves

Start by heating 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.


When the butter has melted, add the minced garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.


Add shrimp and cook for 3 minutes or until pink on both sides.


Remove to a plate but do not clean the skillet.


Add the rest of the butter and oil and heat over medium heat.


Add zucchini slices in a single layer and cook for one minute, tossing once.


Scoot the zucchini to the edges of the pan, and then add the corn kernels to the middle of the pan. Cook for one minute.


Add the grape tomatoes, salt, and pepper, and toss around for 30 second.


Then add shrimp. Cook for an additional 30 seconds to heat the shrimp back up.


Serve hot!

What do you love that you’re bad at?

Love and Beer Floats
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment