Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Spicy Garlic Sesame Veggies

Tonight, I’m heading to Phoenix for the wedding of the century!

That might be a slight over statement, but this wedding is going to seriously rock. There will be yummy food, great friends, my family, lots of booze and Lish and Josh finally get to say I do!

I feel like I have been telling you people about this forever and I can’t believe it’s finally upon us.

Not only is the wedding date almost here, but I’m taking my first vacation days since my trip to Spain last July.

I like to hoard vacation days like squirrels do with their nuts in the winter.

Can’t you just picture it? Me with a bunch of nuts stored in my cheeks?

Too weird? Yeah, I try to stop myself sometimes but I just can’t.

Moving on.

I have a date tonight with a Southwest flight and two drink tickets burning a hole in my pocket.

But, I wouldn’t dare dream of leaving without a tasty treat to snack on.

I developed this recipe from these amazing spicy and garlicy soy beans at a bar we like.

Tell me what you think!

You will need…

1 bunch asparagus trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces


4 ounces snow peas with the ends trimmed off


8 ounces your favorite mushrooms sliced thin
8 garlic gloves minced


¼ cup sesame oil plus 1 tablespoon
½ cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons red pepper flakes

Start by heating a medium pan over medium heat. Add the 1 tablespoon of sesame oil to the pan and when it is hot, add in the asparagus.

Cook the asparagus till it starts to become tender. About 3 minutes.

While the asparagus is cooking, whisk together the remaining oil, soy sauce, the garlic, and the red pepper flakes.


When the asparagus is slightly tender, add the snow peas and then drizzle the veggies with the sauce.


Continue cooking for two more minutes and then add in the mushrooms.


When the mushrooms have started to release their liquid and the veggies are cooked to your desired doneness, remove them from the heat.


Season with salt and red pepper if desired and serve hot.


If you wanted to add more garlic, I wouldn’t hold it against you.

See you in Phoenix.

Love and Beer Floats
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment