Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Steak Rubbed Pork Tenderloin


All I can say is thank goodness I got plenty of cooking in on Sunday and Monday this week. Otherwise the great cold/flu of 2011 would have left me without NFT material for a week. Then you would all be subject to my sentimental/sappy ravings that have been taking place as of late. They probably would have only gotten worse considering the over the counter cold medicine hangover I am currently experiencing.

Don’t worry, so far no one I have cooked for has come down with my disease. Yet. Muahahahahaha!

Sunday I woke up feeling a little out of sorts. I thought it might have something to do with all the wine and sun I soaked up over the weekend (it was 75 with perfect visibility this weekend… suck it east side of the country), but turns out half of my company has got the same thing. At least it wasn’t totally my fault.

Despite my feeling a little under the weather, Mom and Dad still wanted to eat my food. They wanted pork since they were having steak for Valentine’s Day, but I wanted steak. So as a compromise, I treated that little pork tenderloin like a big juicy steak. It came out surprisingly awesome.

You will need…
1 pork tenderloin (size dependent on how many you are feeding)
1 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup your favorite steak rub (if you don’t have one, mix 2 tablespoons each of sea salt, fresh ground pepper and garlic salt)
5 garlic cloves chopped
½ cup chopped chives or green onions
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoon olive oil

In a bag, add everything except the mustard and olive. Shake up the bag a couple of times to make sure that the meat is coated with the marinade.




Put the bag in the fridge for 3-24 hours. No, go take a nap, watch a movie, go for a run or have a couple drinks.

When it is time for dinner, heat the oven or grill to 400 degrees F. Remove the tenderloin from the marinade and set it on a clean surface.


Rub the meat down with the mustard so that it is lightly coated all over.


Heat the oil in a pan until it is nice and hot. Sear the tenderloin in the pan so that it is golden on all sides. As soon as it has good sear marks, put it in either the oven or on the grill. Cook it for 15 more minutes or until it reaches about 137 degrees F on a meat thermometer. This should give you a good medium to medium rare doneness in the middle (how pork should be cooked). It will be more well done on the ends (for people like my mother).


When you have removed it from the heat, cover it with foil and let it rest for 15 minutes so that it holds in all its juices.


Slice the meat into ¾ inch slice and serve.


Now take a bite and tell me that is not a tasty morsel!


Love and Beer Floats
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment