Saturday, February 19, 2011

Honesty

My dear friend Jeanelle who used to live with Lish and me, writes an amazing blog all about her life as an expatriate in Europe. Naturally, when I started thinking about writing the blog, I went to her for some advice. She sent me an article on how to write a successful blog. To tell you the truth, I don’t remember much of the article but one major thing stuck with me.

Be honest.

I know that I am drawn to honesty, so I think that others must be as well. There is something so intriguing to me about someone who isn’t scared to tell the truth. I would so much rather hear and awful truth than a beautiful lie.

Since I have decided to put my life out there for the world to read, I try to be as honest as I can. I share personal details of my life, my ups and downs and my success and failures. My personal relationships have never been off limits because this about my journey and those people and relationships are a huge part of the journey. I never thought of how I would address it if one of the relationships were to end. So, I’m going to rest on my laurels and go with honesty.

I have a confession to make friends. It’s horrible and I can’t believe I have to tell you this. My hunger finally got the best of me. I ate Eric.

I’m sure you were wondering why there was no sappy feature on us from Valentine’s Day. It’s because he is no longer with us. He’s in my belly.

I kid, I kid.

Let me try this again. Honestly.

The truth is that after a little more than a year, Eric and I have decided to go our separate ways. Sometimes there is nothing wrong and no one to blame, just two people who want different things. Love really is never enough. All the stars must align and the timing of two people’s paths intersecting must be perfect.

He taught me so much about life and about myself. If it weren’t for him, I wouldn’t be able to keep my room as clean, I would still have very little appreciation for art and beautiful pictures and there would be no New Food Tuesdayz. Literally. He designed the lay out.

I just wanted to take some time to thank him because he is worth so much more than silently and subtly disappearing from my blog and real life.

Eric,

Thank you so much for helping change my life. Because of you I am happier, cleaner, more sensitive, a better listener, better at relaxing, a better friend, daughter, sister and someday a better partner to someone. Thank you for opening to my eyes to the joys of Disneyland and beer floats. Thank you for always letting me shine.

I am not sad because it is over. I am happy because it happened.

Love and Beer Floats
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment