Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Prosciutto and Sage Wrapped Chicken


Early on in New Food Tuesdayz, both Eric and my mom were pretty inspired by all the delicious food being created. Both of them decided they too wanted to try something new and different for dinner. Now, I’m not sure if this recipe was screaming, “Pick me! Pick me!” but they both selected the exact some recipe as their first attempt at mixing up their dinner menus.


I have to say, it was delicious when both of them made it which inspired me to make it for our family holiday party. When made to the recipe’s specifications, it serves four and is completely manageable. When made for thirty-five, and with seven other dishes being served, it become completely outrageous.



Thankfully, I had help from my momma wrapping and dredging the chicken. But, for the hour of chicken grilling, I was a riding solo. I really felt like that might be what it feels like to work in a restaurant. Except way less hectic and with out a lot of people yelling at me and telling me what to do and where to go.


Baby steps I guess.

Love and Beer Floats
Angela

Serves Four
Ingredients
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
Coarse salt and ground pepper
4 fresh whole sage leaves, plus 4 minced leaves
4 (6 to 8 ounces each) chicken cutlets
4 slices (3 ounces) thinly sliced prosciutto
4 teaspoons olive oil
3/4 cup dry white wine
1/3 cup reduced-sodium canned chicken broth
1 tablespoon cold butter

Directions
In a shallow bowl, stir together flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
Lay 1 sage leaf lengthwise on each cutlet, then wrap a prosciutto slice around middle of each cutlet, encasing sage. Flatten with the palm of your hand to help prosciutto adhere to the chicken. Dredge cutlets in seasoned flour; tap off excess.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Cook 2 cutlets until golden brown and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove cutlets, and keep warm.


Repeat with remaining 2 teaspoons oil and 2 cutlets.
Add wine and broth to skillet; cook over high heat until reduced by three-quarters, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat; let cool 1 minute. Add butter and minced sage; stir until butter is melted, about 30 seconds. Spoon sauce onto plates; top with cutlets. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment