Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Marathon


First of all, I would like to apologize for my lack of an update yesterday. I was incapacitated due to the marathon I cooked on Tuesday. I was on my feet, in the kitchen, running around like a chicken with my head cut off from 3:30 till 8:30. Count it folks. That is five solid hours of prepping, chopping, baking and sautéing.


On April 13, 2003, Paula Radcliffe from Great Britain broke the world marathon record with a time of two hours, fifteen minutes and twenty-five seconds. That is less then half as long as I cooked for.

Even though it was sweaty and painful and just downright hard, cooking Tuesdayz dinner was awesome.

My cube neighbor Dayna was my sous chef and our coworker Garron was our prep cook.



Their skills were so impressive that I’m thinking of just handing over all NFT duties to them. Their food would be way more impressive and I doubt they would whine to you as much as I do.

Other than the fact that I lost a bag of important ingredients along the way (seriously, who does that) and dropped a cube of melty butter on my beautiful leather bow boots, the whole evening was flawless. Having all these people around who had never had my food but were so excited to be there was exhilarating. I have never before felt so empowered by the feeling that everyone around me genuinely believed I could succeed.

I don’t know much, but I know I have some serious thanking to do. Thank you to Angie for being born so we could celebrate you. Also, thank you for living in such a rad home and allowing me to cook (make a giant mess) in it. Thank you to Dayna and Garron for helping me in the kitchen. Especially Dayna for making sure I didn’t have one of those exorcist moments where my head spins all the way around. Thank you to everyone that came and bonus points if you helped with dishes or told me something was yummy. Finally, thank you to Nancy for asking me to cook for everyone and for getting us all those beautiful red (my favorite color) New Food Tuesdayz aprons. I’m so glad you are all wannabe foodies now.

Now that I’ve said my thank yous, here are some beautiful food pictures courtesy of Dayna. I was in no mental state to take pictures. I’ll take the fact that there aren’t that many food pictures as a great success because we were too busy to take them.

In case you forgot, here is the menu.

Balsamic shallots and goat cheese crustinis. Butternut squash raviolis. Baked panzanella/caprese salad. Caesar with my family’s dressing. Chicken ragu with linguini. Chicken Diane. Roasted potatoes and asparagus. Cheesecake with a berry reduction.







Love and Beer Floats
Angela

P.S. Don’t worry the bow boots are okay.

P.P.S. Recipes to follow.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for cooking for us. The food was fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete