Friday, November 26, 2010

Chicken Burritos

Well, I’m going to post directions on how to do it, but if you don’t already know how to make a burrito I am very disappointed in you. Unless you are one of the people from Russia or Malaysia that I have noticed visit the blog every so often. If you are from Russia or Malaysia you get a burrito pass.

To make your chicken burritos, you will need to grill your desired amount of chicken (I did two breasts for two people) in 1 tablespoon of olive oil for approximately four minutes on each side. Season well with salt and pepper. When the chicken is done cooking, chop into small pieces.


While the chicken is grilling, heat up 1 tablespoon of butter in a pot with 1 cup of rice. While the butter is melting, add a large tomato that you have mashed with your hands as well as 1 tablespoon oregano and salt and pepper. Add two cups of chicken stock, bring to a boil. Then reduce to a simmer and cover for fifteen minutes or until the all the liquid is gone. Fluff with a spoon and reserve.

I cheat on my beans and just heat up a can of my favorite on the stove.

To assemble your burrito, lay your tortilla on a flat, dry surface. Start by laying out your beans and your guacamole.


Then layer on your rice. Follow that up with your chicken and your pico de gallo.


To fold your burrito, start by folding the top and bottom of your burrito over to slightly cover the contents of your burrito. Then start at the right side of your burrito and roll the burrito up like a carpet. This should secure that the contents of your burrito are secured.


Voila!


I will admit that I was a burrito rookie. And, as a rookie, I made a rookie mistake. My tortillas were way to small. When your tortillas are too small you end up with tacos instead of burritos.


Which is why we at them at home and not on our 7.5 hour drive. Burrito fail.

Love and Beer Floats
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment