Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Rainy Days...


Rain in Southern California is rare. Like, Lindsay Lohan sober, rare. But, rare or not, rain is my absolute favorite weather. I love everything about it. I love the dark clouds, the crying skies and everything being drenched. I love rain puddles, thunder and lightening and the way everything smells when it’s damp. Do you get the point? Thank goodness, I was running out of reasons.

Today was a great rain day. I woke up to the sound of thunder crashing and rain slapping the roof. When the rain is pouring, I feel like nothing can bring me down. Not even crazy clothing buyers or year-end work madness can sober me up from my stormy weather high.

Along with the stormy weather comes the desire to curl up with a blanket and something really warm, hearty and delicious. So, after multiple hearty soup suggestions from Eric and Lish, I settled on clam chowder in a bread bowl.


All I can tell you at this point are these three things…

1. Clams are beautiful
2. This smells amazing
3. If it isn’t done soon I’m going to gnaw of Eric’s left arm. Why his left you ask? Because his right is too skinny. Duh.

Love and Beer Floats
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment