Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Hummus


Bad habits. Everyone has them. Even though I’ve grown out of biting my nails and picking my nose, I seem to have developed new bad habits. I have become chronically late. No matter how early I set the alarm or pack up my stuff to be out the door, inevitably I am still late. I either hit the snooze one too many times, can’t find my keys or forget my chapstick/cellphone/brain and have to go back. I always leave shoes in the living room. Even though picking them up and putting them in my closet takes less than ten seconds, I just CAN NOT do it. I am incapable. Why Eric and Lish haven’t dumped me yet, I could not tell you.

My newest bad habit is inviting people over for dinner long before any food will actually be ready. Why I think I am going to be able to go to the grocery store and have food made by 7:30 when I don’t leave work until 5:30, I have no idea. Oh, did I mention I work forty minutes from my home? Inevitably, at 7:30 people show up and I have no food made, but everything is cooking and smells delicious and I end up torturing my hungry guests until we end up eating at 8:30. Really I’m just plotting to get you all wasted by making you drink yummy wine on an empty stomach.

Last night, I finally had the forethought to make an appetizer that people could snack on for the hour they had to wait before dinner was ready. And for once, the appetizer wasn’t so time consuming that we weren’t able to eat it BEFORE dinner.

This is a delicious, crazy fast and easy homemade hummus recipe. Set out some pita chips and veggies to dip and you have the perfect appetizer. You’re guests hopefully won’t realize dinner will be ready an hour later than you promised. Again.

Eric got a new camera. What do you think?




Love and Beer Floats
Angela

Ingredients
2 large lemons
2 cans chickpeas/garbanzo beans
3-6 cloves garlic (depending on size and your preference)
Olive Oil
Salt
Prepared Horseradish (optional)

Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Place in the bowl of a food processor, blender or in a mixing bowl if you are using an immersion blender. Add in the juice of at least one lemon. Add in at least 3 garlic cloves. (If you like more garlic flavor, go for more.) Add 1 tablespoon salt. As you begin blending, slowly add 1-2 tablespoons until you get desired texture. Add more garlic and lemon juice until you get to a flavor you prefer. If you would like an extra kick, add 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I'm definitely going to make this tonight! it sounds easy and that is my forte when it comes to cooking. Your blog is adorable! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks anonymous! You really made my day. let me know hot it turns out :)

    ReplyDelete