Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Lobster, Avocado, Grapefruit Cups

Serious question. Are ya’ll on Pinterest?

If the answer is no, I highly suggest you click that little blue/green word above and get acquainted with my new best friend.

I am well aware that this website is not new. For months and months now I have been dragging my feet to join. Not because I don’t need something else to fill my time, but because I knew I would become infatuated with it.

Welp, if I know one thing about myself, it is my ability to become consumed by things.

And consumed I have become.

Thanks to my virtual pinboards, I am now wishing I had a home to decorate, more bucks in my shopping bank account, unlimited travel resources and thirty hours in every day to allow for more cooking.

It’s a disease really.

The upside to my time consuming new buddy is that I never have to worry about what to cook again.

I have an internet based lineup of things I want to cook.

And this was first on the list.

I made this as a little appetizer for our NYE celebration and I suggest you make it to celebrate something. Pinterest perhaps?

You will need…

1 pink grapefruit, peeled and pith removed


1 avocado, peeled and pitted


3 ounces cooked lobster meat (I used the tails of two little lobsters, but you could also use crab or shrimp for this dish)


4 heads of Belgian endive (about 8 ounces)
2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped


Salt and pepper

If you are unfamiliar with a way to cook your lobster meat, fill a medium pot with about ½ inch worth of water.

Place a little rack or something you can rest the lobster on in the bottom of the pot and place the lobster on top.


Over high heat, bring the water to a boil in order to steam the lobster. Steam until the lobster is a vibrant pink.



Meanwhile, using a small paring knife, remove the sections from the grapefruit. Work over a bowl so that you catch the tasty grapefruit juice.


If any of the pieces are large, cut them in half crosswise.

Slice the avocado into little slices and add them to the bowl of grapefruit juice.


Season them with salt and pepper and toss.


Trim the bottoms off the endives and separate them into spears.

Lay out the endive spears and place a piece of avocado and grapefruit inside.


Add a tasty bite of your cooked lobster.


Top with a little bit of your tarragon.


Delish. Happy pinning.

Love and Beer Floats
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment