Monday, December 5, 2011

Ricotta Pancakes

New York produces some seriously amazing things. My dad of course is on the top of the list. But pizza, street food and bagels are also on the top of my list of New York favorites.


Food in general in NYC is bomb. I honestly don’t think I’ve ever had a bad meal in the big apple.

But, no meal has stuck with me like the one I had last May with my cousin Adrian and my friend Mckenna.

Introducing friends and family and having them get along swimmingly is great in itself, but it is even better when they are getting along while enjoying ricotta pancakes.

I’m usually more an eggs girl when it comes to breakfast, but Mckenna convinced me to have these tasty cakes and I have been dreaming of them ever since.

Almost every weekend since that fateful May morning, I wake up yearning for these deliciously fluffy pancakes, so last weekend I decided to take action.

It took almost no time to stumble across a perfect recipe and even less time to make it my own.

I know it’s only Tuesday, but I highly suggest you gear up to make these this weekend.

You will need…
1 ½ cups water


1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups pancake and waffle mix 


1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese


½ tablespoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon lemon juice


1 tablespoon butter

Start by stirring together the water and vanilla in a large bowl.



Add the pancake mix and stir just until moistened but still lumpy.



Stir in the ricotta into the pancake mixture, then stir gently to incorporate the ricotta but maintain a lumpy batter.



Add in the lemon zest and lemon juice.  





Then, heat a griddle over medium heat and brush it with the butter.


Working in batches, spoon 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle for each pancake.





Cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.



Serve topped with a berry reduction and/or your favorite syrup.



Better yet, why wait? Who says you can’t eat breakfast for dinner?

Love and Beer Floats
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment