Thursday, July 21, 2011

How To Guide: Roasting Bell Peppers


Wow. It has been a while since I found something worthy of my "How To Guide." Maybe I'm not challenging myself enough.

The truth is, I have been avoiding roasting peppers for a long time. The idea of pealing the skin off something that was not that long ago sizzling in the oven made me really nervous. Even though I seem to manage to burn myself quite often, I'm terrified of burns. If only my clumsy body could catch up with my cautious brain. I'd be golden.

Basically, I was scared for no reason. This was easier than getting me to agree to have a drink. And that is pretty easy.

The skin peals off like a glove and as long as you don't try and touch it right out of the oven, you shouldn't pull and Angela and burn yourself.

You will need...

Bell Peppers
1 tablespoon of vegetable oil for every pepper (it has a high smoking temperature)
1 baking sheet

Start by setting your oven to broil.

Use a basting brush or your hands to coat the peppers completely with the oil.


Place them on the baking sheet and put them in the oven. Broil them until they start to get a lot of black spots.


When they have plenty of black spots, remove them from the oven and let them cool until you can handle them.


About 15-20 minutes.

When the peppers have cooled, peal off the broiled skin.


Cut and serve.


Now you have no reason to not have roasted peppers.


Love and Beer Floats
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment