Friday, June 10, 2011

Creamy Cilantro Dressing


So, my parents have had many of NFT experiences. Most of which have been positive. However, now that I live with them they are present for about 98% of my cooking adventures.

I am getting to the point where I have been cooking enough that I don’t always need a recipe. Every once in a while I will get brave and just throw things together.

But, I learned a valuable lesson this week. Don’t tell Dad you are just throwing things together.

Direct quote from my father, “I don’t want to be a guinea pig.”

I’m sorry, are you missing the point here DAD? It’s not called OLD Food Tuesdayz. EVERYTHING I make is an experiment because I have no idea what I am doing.

I offered to let him try it before I used it, but he told me he trusts me. This led me to believe that he was just being antagonistic.

Which is completely out of the ordinary in our house.

We are never antagonistic, sarcastic or argumentative.

We poop rainbows and burp chocolate milk.

Gross.

Bottom line is I tried this dressing as an experiment and then my guinea pig gobbled it down.

You will need…

1 ½ cup cilantro leaves
3 cloves garlic
3 limes juiced


¼ cup red wine vinegar
½ cup olive oil
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
Salt and pepper

In a food processor, blend the cilantro, garlic and lime juice until the mixture is smooth.


Add in the vinegar, mayonnaise, mustard and blend until the mixture is nice and creamy.


Add the olive oil and blend until combined.

Season with salt and pepper.

Drizzle your salad of choice (this one is romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, avocado, orange bell peppers and tortilla strips).


Toss the salad well and serve.


Sorry there are not more photos. My guinea pig was distracting me.

Love and Beer Floats
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment