Tuesday, May 10, 2011

In My Easter Bonnet

Sometimes things happen in my life that make me literally stop and think about how crazy beautiful life is.


I have been sitting on these photos for a while since I have had so much going on lately, but things are slowing down a bit (before they go into the wedding, moving hpyerdrive) and I have to share them with you. They are two awesome to keep to myself.

About a month ago, six girls in their early 20’s (I was still early 20’s at the time) got in a car to drive to Exeter, California. Where is Exeter you ask? It is about an hour’s drive north east of Bakersfield. Basically it is in the middle of nowhere. By my suburban based standards of course.

Morgan’s grandmother, Carol, was the chairwomen of the garden party’s annual tea fundraiser. She had graciously invited her big city granddaughter and her friends to be attendees.

I agreed to attend this event MONTHS ago. Before bridal showers, and trips to Phoenix, and family members passing, and knowing I would be moving home. I was in a good mental place when I agreed. By the time the tea came about, my mind was out of that good mental place and into a place of gargoyles and banshees.

Suddenly I needed a bonnet (the theme was “In My Easter Bonnet"), and a cardigan (which I do not own) and manners (also lacking).

Regardless of my mental state and lack of necessary items, I got my trouper face on and packed my little booty in that car for the three hour drive because Morgan and Grandma Carol are amazing and I couldn’t be the one to let them down.


And man oh man am I happy that I did.

If I hadn’t sucked it up I would have missed some irreplaceable memories.

Like color coded tea sandwiches…


Pastries with heart cut outs that taste like heaven...


Pink tea in beautiful china…


Katie’s Mary Poppin’s hat…


Lots and lots of hats…



Seeing the The Red Hat Society in action…


Watching Morgan and Grandma Carol leading the entire room in the parade of hats...


An insane opera singer who gave me chills...

And other memory gems.




Jealous?


Love and Beer Floats
Angela

P.S. How cute is my gift for coming?

No comments:

Post a Comment