Friday, September 3, 2010

Homemade Mayonnaise

The other night when I went to the store to go shopping for the poached egg dinner, I could not for the life of me remember if we had eggs or not. I convinced myself that we were out. But guess what… we weren’t. So now we have a ton of eggs in the house and not enough time to eat them all.

Of course I got this bright idea to make egg salad for Lish, Eric and myself until I realized we had everything but mayonnaise. This is when I came up with an even brighter idea. I’ll just make mayonnaise. I had everything I needed, why not just go for it? So I went for it. While making the mayonnaise was physically tough, technique wise it was pretty easy. As long as you can whisk really REALLY fast. However, while I was able to get the mayonnaise to set up and actually be mayonnaise, you aren’t supposed to touch it for one to two hours. I am not a very patient person and I of course touched it too early and blew the whole thing.

Needless to say I have no egg salad to show for my hard work. But I do have some great pictures. Hopefully next time will be a success.

I know there are a lot of pictures, but I thought this was pretty cool. Even cooler is that when I posted on facebook that I made homemade mayonnaise, someone replied, “wouldn’t it be easier to just go to the store.” Well yes, it would have been easier. Thanks for making me feel like an idiot.









Love and Beer Floats
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment