Thursday, June 3, 2010

Nachos!

So, since I started this whole new food kick I've tried a lot of things. From home made ravioli, to crab cakes, to root veggie soup. I have quickly learned that my favorite thing to make are classic comfort foods. Really. Really. Good. I like to make them, yummier, fancier and just plain better. So when I took this show on the road, I knew exactly what I was going to cook for maggie. Nachos. Her all time favorite food. This girl eat, sleeps and breathes nachos. I read a lot of recipes for Nachos, and have sampled quite a few of them myself, and if there is one thing i realized about nachos is that the bigger the better. If you think it would be good with chips and cheese. Go for it. It probably will be.

Maggie helped chopped the tomatoes...


Here is my version...

Not Your Nachos!
1 bag tortilla chips
1 can refried beans
2 cans chili (preferably two different kinds)
3 diced tomatoes
3 sliced green onions
guacamole
sour cream
1 bag shredded 3 cheese mix
1 bag shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Ready for the oven...


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a cooking dish put the bag of chips followed by the beans and chilies. Top with lots and lots of cheese. Heat in oven for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Add tomatoes, onions, guacamole and sour cream to taste.


Get messy and enjoy!

Love and Beer Floats,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment