Sunday, May 23, 2010

FEAST! part II


the completed FEAST!!!

I love my roommate. Love. We have been friends for years and lived together on and off for years. I know that some day it will happen, but I can't imagine living with out her. While I know she loves me, I'm pretty sure she loves margaritas more. After a couple hours of prep Lish (my roommate Alicia) was home and getting ready to make a batch of her favorite margaritas. We were all in a really great mood. The place smelled great and I was letting Lish snitch at the black forest bacon.


So Lish gets our giant cocktail shaker and mixes an amazing concoction. She grabs the shaker and gets to shaking. I'm standing at the stove checking on the lobsters...


when I hear what sounds like someone jumping in a pool. I look over and Lish is covered. COVERED!! In two liters of margaritas. In the hair. All over her white shirt. Splashed on her face. COVERED!! The look all over her face was pure shock. Excitement level went from a 10 to -37 in 2.5 seconds. In my head... I really really really wanted to take a picture. Like... real bad. But I knew that this was not the ideal moment for a photo. Now, Lish is a very classy lady. She brushed off the tequila and hopped in the shower and came out ready to party good as new.

Since I used my self restraint, I do not have a picture of Lish in her moment of weakness. But I do have one of her in a moment of glory.


To my beautiful roommate. Thank you for putting up with my new found desire to use every pot and pan we own and my need to entertain via our very tiny kitchen.

Have I mentioned how tiny my kitchen is? Tiny. Here are some pictures of my tiny kitchen and some great pictures Eric took of the FEAST.

Teenie Tiny Kitchen


crumbling the blue cheese


beautiful prepped ingredients


amazing marinated pork tenderloin


linguini in a garlic butter cream sauce with asparagus and mushrooms


lobster cob salad with homemade dressing


Eric's Famous (infamous) Beer Floats


Love and Beer Floats
Angela

Herb Marinated Pork Tenderloin
Ingredients
1 lemon, zest grated
3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (4 to 6 lemons)
Good olive oil
2 tablespoons minced garlic (6 cloves)
1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary leaves
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Kosher salt
3 pork tenderloins (about 1 pound each)
Freshly ground black pepper

Directions
Combine the lemon zest, lemon juice, 1/2 cup olive oil, garlic, rosemary, thyme, mustard, and 2 teaspoons salt in a sturdy 1-gallon resealable plastic bag. Add the pork tenderloins and turn to coat with the marinade. Squeeze out the air and seal the bag. Marinate the pork in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours but preferably overnight.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Remove the tenderloins from the marinade and discard the marinade but leave the herbs that cling to the meat. Sprinkle the tenderloins generously with salt and pepper. Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large oven-proof saute pan over medium-high heat. Sear the pork tenderloins on all sides until golden brown. Place the saute pan in the oven and roast the tenderloins for 10 to 15 minutes or until the meat registers 137 degrees F at the thickest part. Transfer the tenderloins to a platter and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Allow to rest for 10 minutes. Carve in 1/2-inch-thick diagonal slices. The thickest part of the tenderloin will be quite pink (it's just fine!) and the thinnest part will be well done. Season with salt and pepper and serve warm, or at room temperature with the juices that collect in the platter.

No comments:

Post a Comment